Last updated: 24 May 2018
What is the purpose of this document?
InnoGames GmbH (“InnoGames”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. This privacy notice describes how we collect and use your personal data if you apply for a position with us.
1. My application data We take privacy and confidentiality very seriously and adhere to the applicable European and national data protection regulations in the European Union and other countries (in particular GDPR and German Federal Data Protection Act, BDSG). Below, we would like to briefly explain the most important aspects of our data processing (data collection, use and storage).
2. What are personal data? Personal data are individual pieces of information about personal or factual circumstances for a certain natural person or an identifiable natural person. These include information, for example, about your name, your address and your date of birth.
3. How long will my data be stored? Your personal data will be retained for as long as necessary for the application process. They will automatically be deleted from our applicant management system eight months after receiving the application, at the latest. This does not apply if mandatory statutory provisions and/or requirements from authorities or courts oppose such deletion, or if you have explicitly consented to a longer retention period in the Talent Pool (see section 4).
4. Can my data be stored for future job postings? InnoGames has established a Talent Pool, which you may join if you receive and accept an invitation for it from a recruiter. In this case, you allow InnoGames to store your personal data for a period of two years from joining the Talent Pool, and to access such data in order to inform you about positions to be filled in the future. You will only be added to the Talent Pool if you explicitly provide consent for such. You may revoke this consent at any time without providing justification. For this purpose, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be deleted after receiving your declaration of revocation. You will not be subject to any disadvantages as a result of your revocation if you should subsequently apply for a position at InnoGames again.
5. How will my data be used? The personal data that you provide will exclusively be used for processing your application, in order to check whether you possess the required skills for the job/position. The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6, para. 1, lit. f GDPR and Sec. 26, para. 1 and 3 BDSG (new version). People shall only receive access to your personal data who are involved in the application process. All employees entrusted with data processing are obligated to preserve the confidentiality of your data.
6. Will may data be disseminated to third parties? Your personal data will not be disseminated to third parties unless you have explicitly provided consent for the dissemination of your data, or there is an obligation for such dissemination as a result of statutory provisions and/or requirements by authorities or courts.
7. Will by data be processed by third parties? InnoGames utilises third parties for supporting the search for applicants and for managing applicants. If third parties are engaged for such support, InnoGames ensures that they possess adequate security measures, in order to protect your data in accordance with the requirements that apply at InnoGames itself.We use a special applicant management system for carrying out the application process. Pursuant to a separate agreement regarding the contract processing of personal data, your personal data will be collected, processed and used by the company
1300 South El Camino Real, San Mateo, CA 94402, United Statesin accordance with Art. 28 GDPR and the EU-US Privacy Shield in compliance with the applicable legal regulations, on our behalf. However, this is not associated with any transmission of your personal data to third parties within the meaning of the data protection laws.
8. May I request information about my stored data? Yes. You may receive information about your stored data at any time. For this purpose, please contact email@example.com.
9. May I arrange for the deletion of my stored data? Yes. You may arrange for deletion of your stored data at any time. For this purpose, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Where can I find more information about data protection at InnoGames? You may find additional information about data protection when using our portals and websites in the data protection declaration for end users here.