As Java Software Engineer, you work closely with our game teams to shape the foundation of our next big hits and contribute as a productive member of an agile development team in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Strengthen our infrastructural Core team, which is responsible to create and guide best practices for our games, focusing on the development of game backends with up-to-date Java and Spring Boot.
- Conceive libraries, APIs, tools, and workflows to optimize the interdisciplinary work of our teams.
- Ensure a high product quality by using automated tests.
- Foster a culture of sharing knowledge, best practices and standards within the team and the company.
- Identify issues, communicate it and bring up solutions.
Your skill set:
- Theoretical background. Degree in Computer Sciences, Business Information Systems or equivalent training and experience as IT specialist.
- Professional experience. Several years of experience in object-oriented programming in Java with Spring Boot and optimally the Akka framework.
- Software development. With Spring, the UNIX command line and profound knowledge of SQL, GIT, and Continuous Delivery.
- Code reviews. You love to dive deep into other people’s code which is reflected in your Github profile.
- Design & Testing. Solid experience in using various methods in software design and a strong belief in automated testing to guarantee and improve code quality in compliance with the company standards.
- Flexibility. Being a backend geek, you also like to switch to the frontend side with Angular, C# and Unity.
- Communication. Good English language and overall communication skills.
- Proactivity. You are a motivated individual with a willingness to learn.
- Team of specialists. Shape the success story of InnoGames and be a part of our international team of professionals in a stable growing company and award-winning employer.
- Career opportunities. Level up your career with excellent development opportunities such as InnoVersity trainings, mentoring and peer support.
- Outstanding benefits. Get competitive compensation as well as 28 vacation days, a sabbatical, mobile device, contribution to your public transport ticket, and more.
- Flexible working hours. We offer trust-based working hours as well as active-breaks - play table tennis with your team, work out in our gym or go to our rooftop terrace to get some fresh air.
- Hybrid Working Model. We offer our colleagues the flexibility to choose between working from home and our modern offices in central Hamburg. With regular times planned together in the office, we make sure to keep up our unique InnoGames spirit!
- Solution orientation. We are offering an atmosphere to empower creative thinking and strong results
- Team events. Participate in regular (virtual) team events (e.g., curling, cooking, paintball), barbecue together on our rooftop terrace, and enjoy regular company-get-togethers.
- Food & drinks. We offer free drinks and fresh fruit to contribute to your health and well-being; enjoy the meals delivered by our in-house canteen or cook on your own in one of our employee kitchens.
- Relocation assistance. If you are interested in relocating to Hamburg/Germany, we will help you relocate to Hamburg/Germany regarding all the needed resources.
- Comfy offices. Learn more about our charms and benefits in our virtual office tour.
InnoGames is Germany’s leading developer and publisher of mobile and online games. The company based in Hamburg is best known for Forge of Empires, Elvenar and Tribal Wars. InnoGames’ complete portfolio encompasses seven live games and several mobile titles in production.
Born as a hobby, InnoGames today has a team of 400 employees from more than 30 nations who share the passion of creating unique games that players across the globe enjoy for years. In order to further expand our success and to realize new projects, we are constantly looking for young talents, experienced professionals, and creative thinkers.
Excited to start your journey with InnoGames and join our dynamic team as a Java Software Engineer? We look forward to receiving your application as well as your salary expectations and earliest possible start date through our online application form. Sandra Wandschneider would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
By clicking "apply now", you agree to accept cookies.