Our agile cross-functional team is searching for a Software Developer who will implement features, improve workflow tools, optimize the performance and most importantly, share the passion for our games! Bring your knowledge of software engineering principles and pragmatic way of finding solutions to provide the best user experience for our players, working within the PHP codebase.
- Contribute to the continuous development and improvement of one of our keystone games
- Be part of the whole feature development lifecycle with a commitment to quality results
- Develop and optimize the PHP backend to implement solid, tested game logic
- Refactor, optimize and improve the existing codebase for maintenance and scale
- Collaborate with Game Designers and Artists to realize new game mechanics for our browser and mobile apps
- Solution-oriented and efficient style of work
- Several years of experience with PHP and OOP
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL) and writing efficient queries that scale with many thousands of users
- Working experience with MVC frameworks
- Well-versed in design patterns and software architecture
- Experienced with writing automation tests (unit, functional, integration tests)
- Team player and a good communicator with fluent English language skills
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a comparable education
- A proactive and motivated individual with a willingness to learn
- Passion for online strategy games and knowledge of relevant game mechanics
Why join us?
- Shape the success story of InnoGames with a great team of driven experts in an international culture
- Competitive compensation and an atmosphere to empower creative thinking and strong results
- Exceptional benefits ranging from flawless relocation support to company gym, smartphone or tablet of your own choice for personal use, roof terrace with BBQ and much more
Excited to start your journey with InnoGames and join our dynamic team as a Software Developer? We look forward to receiving your application (cover letter, CV, and references) as well as your salary expectations and earliest possible start date through our online application form. Maximilian Kaeding would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
InnoGames, based in Hamburg, is one of the leading developers and publishers of online games with more than 200 million registered players around the world. Currently, more than 400 people from 30 nations are working in the Hamburg-based headquarters. We have been characterized by dynamic growth ever since the company was founded in 2007. In order to further expand our success and to realize new projects, we are constantly looking for young talents, experienced professionals, and creative thinkers.