Join our agile, cross-functional development team to push forward our Big Data ambitions, using the Hadoop ecosystem and technologies like MapReduce, Flink, Hive and Kafka. You will design and implement systems in a distributed environment to prepare, provide and analyze huge amounts of data.
- Real- and near-time processing of our more than 1,500,000,000 daily game events
- Preparing very large amounts of data (ETL) as a basis for further processing in other systems (e.g. Business Intelligence, CRM) using a range of technologies, including SQL (Hive), Flink and Kafka
- Providing high-availability, centralized systems and services (REST APIs) for our games as well as solutions for subject-specific analysis requirements (e.g. multivariate testing), using technologies like Dropwizard or the Play framework.
- You have completed your training as an IT specialist, a university degree in computer science or an equivalent qualification
- Experience in object-oriented programming in Java and at least one other script or programming language (e.g. Bash, PHP, Scala, Go), ideally in an agile environment
- You enjoy working with large amounts of data in distributed systems and you have very good knowledge of SQL
- You know your way around the command line of UNIX operating systems
- Ideally, you develop in a test-driven manner and use the advantages of a continuous integration server (e.g. Jenkins) for deployment
- As the perfect candidate, you have already gained some experience with Big Data technologies, especially with the Hadoop ecosystem
- You like to share a good laugh with your colleagues
- Good English language skills complete your profile
Why join us?
- Shape the success story of InnoGames with a great team of driven experts in an international culture
- You will work in a multicultural Kanban-based team with daily stand ups and regular retrospectives
- Work in a relaxed but solution-oriented and productive environment with clear goals and a focus on professional development
- A great company culture: we strive for long term, sustainable success. We provide and accept feedback to improve others and ourselves
- Professional education through developer conferences, unlimited free textbooks and frequent specialist presentations from your colleagues
- We have regular team events (e.g. curling, cooking, paintball), BBQ together on our roof terrace and have a team lunch each Wednesday
- You can set up your workspace as you wish: Mac or Linux, two or more monitors, a free choice of IDE as well as other software
- We pay a share of your local public transportation ticket and even contribute to your company retirement plan
- Exceptional benefits ranging from flawless relocation support to company gym, smartphone or tablet of your own choice for personal use, roof terrace with BBQ and much more
- We have fun at work!
Excited to start your journey with InnoGames and join our dynamic team as a Software Engineer – Big Data? We look forward to receiving your application as well as your salary expectations and earliest possible start date through our online application form. Isabella Dettlaff would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
InnoGames, based in Hamburg, is one of the leading developers and publishers of online games with more than 200 million registered players around the world. Currently, more than 400 people from 30 nations are working in the Hamburg-based headquarters. We have been characterized by dynamic growth ever since the company was founded in 2007. In order to further expand our success and to realize new projects, we are constantly looking for young talents, experienced professionals, and creative thinkers.