Join our agile, cross-functional engineering team to push forward InnoGames’ data-driven success story. You will work on large scale ETL processes in our Hadoop ecosystem and in our SQL server-based Business Intelligence environment with the goal to make our data accessible for the whole company.
- Create, run and maintain ETL jobs to process nearly 2,000,000,000 daily events from our various data providing systems like games, payment and marketing tools
- Scale and further develop our Hadoop-based data warehouse in close collaboration with our Data Mining team using HiveQL and Impala
- Extend and maintain our Microsoft SQL server-based Business Intelligence environment using Integration Services (SSIS)
- Provide company-wide self-service access to our data with the help of Power BI, Reporting and Analysis Service
- You have completed your training as an IT specialist, a university degree in computer science or an equivalent qualification
- You have profound knowledge of relational databases ideally with SQL Server
- You have very good knowledge of SQL (preferably T-SQL or HiveQL) and enjoy working with large amounts of structured and unstructured data
- Basic knowledge of SSIS, SSAS and SSRS and multidimensional databases is a plus
- As the perfect candidate, you have already gained some experience with Big Data technologies, especially with the Hadoop ecosystem (e.g. Sqoop, Hue)
- You have the desire to learn new technologies and have the confidence to share these with the team
- You like to share a good laugh with your colleagues
- Good English language skills complete your profile
Why join us?
- Shape the success story of InnoGames with a great team of driven experts in an international culture
- You will work in a multicultural Kanban-based team with daily stand ups and regular retrospectives
- Work in a relaxed but solution-oriented and productive environment with clear goals and a focus on professional development
- A great company culture: we strive for long term, sustainable success. We provide and accept feedback to improve others and ourselves
- Professional education through developer conferences, unlimited free textbooks and frequent specialist presentations from your colleagues
- We have regular team events (e.g. curling, cooking, paintball), BBQ together on our roof terrace
- You can set up your workspace as you wish: Mac or Linux, two or more monitors, a free choice of IDE as well as other software
- We pay a share of your local public transportation ticket and even contribute to your company retirement plan
- Exceptional benefits ranging from flawless relocation support to company gym, smartphone or tablet of your own choice for personal use, roof terrace with BBQ and much more
- We have fun at work!
Excited to start your journey with InnoGames and join our dynamic team as a Data Warehouse Engineer? We look forward to receiving your application as well as your salary expectations and earliest possible start date through our online application form. Isabella Dettlaff would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
InnoGames, based in Hamburg, is one of the leading developers and publishers of online games with more than 200 million registered players around the world. Currently, more than 400 people from 30 nations are working in the Hamburg-based headquarters. We have been characterized by dynamic growth ever since the company was founded in 2007. In order to further expand our success and to realize new projects, we are constantly looking for young talents, experienced professionals, and creative thinkers.